You can control all the tags from a single dashboard without changing the site’s code.
Tag manager helps you manage multiple tags from a single login.
Sign up for a new tag manager account.
- Login with your google account if you have it already
- Once you login you will seee add a new account page
- Go ahead and set up a new account for your website
- Enter your site name and click continue
- Enter a container name and click web if you are using it for your website
- Click create
- Go ahead and accept the terms of service
- Additionally, you will have to paste another code immediately after opening the body tag
- After placing all these codes in your website go to tag manager dashboard.
- You have sections like new tag, description, tags which are being edited and you will see published container
Placing a new Tag
- Click on new tag
- Select the tag type
- New variable
- Add the analytics tracking id
- Triggering-> all pages(Now this google analytics tag will fire across all the pages of your website.)
- Save it as GA tag and click save
- click on submit and click publish
- Give version name for the container
50 different types of tags inside google tag manager